Mission StatementContra Costa Medical Career College will assist its students in their development of good judgment, clinical and interpersonal skills, and scientific knowledge which will enable them to function competently as a member of any health care team. We will supply our students with the necessary tools and technical training needed to function in a variety of medical settings. We believe in producing an educated, responsible member of society equipped with the skills and principals needed to be an exceptional, efficient and safe health care provider.
Approvals & CertificationContra Costa Medical Career College and its programs are certified, approved or accredited by the following regulatory bodies:
- ACCET (Accrediting Council of Continuing Education & Training)
- BBB (Better Business Bureau)
- BPPE (Bureau for Private Post-secondary Education)
- BVNPT (Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians)
- DHSLFS (Dept of Health Services Laboratory Field Services)
- NHA (National Healthcareer Association)
- The California Board of Pharmacy
Expected OutcomesContra Costa Medical Career College is dedicated to training caregivers who provide safe, respectful healthcare. We expect all completing trainees to:
- Apply learned technical, workplace, and life skills to the chosen allied health profession.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with clients, employers, and members of the healthcare team.
- Recognize lifelong learning opportunities to allow the maintenance and growth of knowledge in the chosen profession.
- Exercise critical thinking to receive, process, and act on information that will lead to safe and effective care for clients served.
- Work collaboratively and independently in diverse environments, recognizing cultural and spiritual differences, and treating others with respect and dignity.
- Undergo a background check
- Take a drug test for externships when required
- Have up-to-date immunizations