EKG Technician Salary Range:The lowest 25 percent of EKG technicians earned less than $23,260 according to Salary.com. The highest 25 percent earned more than $31,464. The current expected median EKG technician salary is $26,670, estimates Salary.com. About 3 out of 4 cardiovascular technicians, including EKG technicians, work in hospital cardiology departments, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The rest work in physician offices and laboratories, including diagnostic imaging centers.
- To prepare graduates for entry-level EKG technician positions.
- To provide graduates the skills and knowledge necessary to sit for state and national certification exams.
- To equip graduates with expertise in the function and proper use of the EKG machine, the normal anatomy of the chest wall for proper lead placement, 12-lead placement and other clinical practices.
- To give graduates familiarity with a range of areas that include the anatomy of the heart, medical disease processes, medical terminology, medical ethics and legal issues surrounding patient contact, laboratory assisting, electrocardiography and echocardiography.
Who Should Attend
- Experienced Medical Assistants with a desire to advance their skills and Certifications
- Phlebotomists and EMT's interested in persuing a career as an ER Technician
- Individuals interested in careers as EKG technicians.
- Individuals interested in healthcare careers.